MY MUSIC STAFF LOGIN FOR EXISTING STUDENTS
Follow the facebook page for news, updates and reminders.
CONGRATULATIONS to the two students who entered for exams this term!
Both achieved a DISTINCTION for Grade 1. A fantastic result and very well-deserved!
This term we have held two performance groups, one for younger students and one for adults. This time, a particular highlight was that younger students wrote down positive comments about each other’s playing which were then shared with the performer.
Now that all the preparation is done, and exam day has arrived, here are my top tips.
- Arrive early. There’s nothing more stressful than worrying you are going to be late, or something unexpected happening on the journey.
- Test the piano in the exam room. Examiner’s don’t mind you doing this, and may well invite you to. Try some loud and quiet notes and the pedal at the least.
- Before you play anything, take a deep breath. Before a scale try repeating to yourself exactly what the examiner has asked for and then do it.
- If you do make a mistake, don’t panic. Try to move on and not think about it. Mistakes do happen and it’s not the end of the world.
- Smile at the examiner – they really are on your side and want you to do well.